The adventurist that you are is planning a trip to Nicaragua and you are looking for great locations to visit and activities to try. This country is full of historical sites, tropical jungle locations, surf spots, and adventure spots and peaceful retreat locations. This country offers so much and at such an amazing value. Weather you are going back packing on your own, or if you are going and paying for tours, you can get a great value for your dollar and explore the whole country on a great budget, all the while having the adventure of a lifetime.
5. Learn to surf in one of the best beaches of the world. The World Masters Surf Championship was just held last July in Playa Colorado, Nicaragua. Surfers flock from all over the world to surf the epic left and rights that the beaches of Nicaragua have to offer. Rent a board for $10 or less and a take a lesson for just a bit more. You will be standing up in the white water in no time and taking bigger drops and waves soon after. The warm waters and sunny days on the white sand beaches are the perfect mix for learning to surf on the beaches of Nicaragua.
4. Hike one of the many volcanoes that a Nicaragua vacation has to offer. Each offering different scenery and a variety of activities, you will be sure to find one that you fall in love with. Mombacho is located just 15 minutes away from the ancient city of Granada, and offers some of the most amazing canopy tours you could imagine. Amazing natural trails will take you exploring through some of the most lush and diverse rainforests around. Soak up the sounds of the variety of birds and take in all the glorious colors and views that this amazing hike will lead you to.
3. Cerro Negro is yet another amazing volcano that you must check out. The hike only takes about an hour or so and as long as you start fairly early in the morning, it won’t be too hot out. You can either rent the board or sled from a shop on the road or you can book a guided tour for a bit more. Once you make the ascent to the top of the black sand volcano you have the option to ride down it “snowboard style,” run down it on your feet, or sled down it on a sled. All options are thrilling and very fast ways down the volcano. This is a great activity for the adventurist looking to try something new. The view from the top of its smoking craters is also quite breathtaking as well.
2. Apoyo lagoon is something that you will not come across many times in your lifetime. This warm lake
is nestled in the crater of an extinct volcano. It is situated in the chain of volcanoes that litter Nicaragua between Mombacho Volcano and the Masaya Volcano. The natural beauty of this idealistic lagoon has been greatly preserved and is an amazing location to spend the day playing in the water, enjoying lunch and some drinks in the sunshine, or going for a paddle or kayak ride.
1. Corn Islands is a place you should consider for some of the best snorkeling in the Caribbean. Just an hour or so plane ride from Managua, the capital, but so worth the trip. This little set of islands offers the fun and mellow Caribbean feel with the same warm waters and sunshine that all of Nicaragua offers. The difference here is that the white sand beaches provide some amazing water clarity for snorkeling, snuba, and scuba diving excursions. For around just $15 you can take a snorkel tour that takes you to three different locations. You will see nurse sharks, spotted rays, puffer fish, and some of the most beautiful corals and sea anemones you could imagine. You have already made the trek to Nicaragua; don’t leave this little piece of paradise off your list!
No matter where you end up visiting in Nicaragua you will be sure to find some amazing adventures, gorgeous views, and great locals and other tourists to share the memories with. This is the perfect country to visit for some high action thrills, long days of lounging by the water, or to even take slow nature hikes and enjoy some of the worlds most lush and beautiful flora and fauna. Start planning your itinerary today because without a doubt it will be full in no time, and you will be wishing you had just a few more days in this tropical paradise.
Austin Lehman Adventure Travel is a travel tours company with a 38 year legacy in creating amazing adventures packed with cultural and artistic encounters, with expert guides and hand selected adventures to guarantee you the vacation of a lifetime, without any of the grunt work. Book your travel adventure tour today!