Taking in the sights during a weekend trip to the city, getting back to nature on an outback adventure, or relaxing on a golden sandy beach.
No matter how you are spending your vacation, a great night’s sleep can make or break your trip. Luxurious accommodations and a comfy bed can turn a great trip into a fantastic one, and a good night’s sleep means being able to cram in even more the following day.
The world’s very best hotel beds
So what makes a great hotel bed? For starters, size really does matter; a comfy super king size bed is a great addition to any guest suite, and allows you to spread out as you sink into a restful night’s sleep. A luxurious mattress is also a must, as is super-stylish bedding. In short, the world’s best hotel beds are those that offer a touch of home with added luxury.
Below are five hotels that offer what some consider to be the best beds out there.
- Hotel on Rivington: For one of the best beds going, head to the Hotel on Rivington in New York. The guestrooms are billed as some of the most spacious in the Big Apple, and offer luxurious amenities and views of the city that will take your breath away. It is the beds that the hotel has become known for, however; comfortable Tempur-Pedic mattresses and plush Frette sheets ensure that you sink into a deep, restful sleep, supported by a mattress that will relieve key pressure points and adjust with your every movement.
- Westin Dublin: Equally comfortable are the Heavenly Beds found across the world in Westin Hotels, such as the Westin Dublin in Ireland. Described as an experience “so divine you’ll never want to get out of bed,” the Heavenly Bed has ten layers of pure pillow-soft comfort – a little like sleeping on a cloud.
- Four Seasons Sydney: The Four Seasons Sydney offers similarly luxurious mattresses and bedding which, when combined with the elegant surroundings of the guest suites, equals a restful sleep that is out of this world – with the views to match.
- East Hotel: For understated luxury and clean, crisp linens, the East Hotel in Hong King simply cannot be beat. Each room has been decorated in a thoroughly modern style, and features bedding that will lull you to sleep with ease. Gadgets dotted around the rooms and fantastic views across the metropolis below only add to the appeal of the hotel.
- Premier Inn: While known for its budget hotels, the Premier Inn chain in the UK has recently unveiled its “best bed ever,” called the Hypno. Offering extra support where it is needed, the mattress regulates your body temperature for a comfortable night’s sleep, while thick layers of wool and elegant bedding will ease you into the next morning. This is the perfect choice if you are looking for luxury without a hefty price tag.
Luxury in your own home
Returning home after a wonderful vacation is always a bit of a letdown; while it is great to be in your own bed at last, the luxury of a great hotel bed is hard to forget. So why not have the best of both worlds and add a little of that vacation comfort to your own home?
Whatever your decor, bringing a little hotel luxury to your own bedroom is easier than you might think; in fact, some hotels now offer beds and bedding for sale via online stores. Be sure to invest in a really good mattress, such as a Tempur-Pedic pillow-top or one made of “memory foam.” Pillow-top mattresses offer a soft, plush top while memory foam will hug your body as you sleep, support you in all the right places, and leave you feeling refreshed.